Your preschooler will learn through hands-on activities in all areas of our spacious facility – gym, pool, park and classroom
With the expert guidance of our team of creative Early Childhood Education Specialists your preschooler will learn through hands-on activities in all areas of our spacious facility – gym, pool, park and classroom. While your child is getting active in our Active Living Program you could be enjoying all the benefits of MNP Community & Sport Centre! Check out our Membership options.
- Choose the day you would like your child to attend. Register for one day or as many as five. It’s up to you and based on your needs.
- Instructors all have SFA/CPR C, Police Check with Vulnerable Sector, and ECE Child Development Assistant where applicable. As a best practice we encourage all staff to obtain their child Development Assistant. All Instructors have a good understanding on the importance of sport and physical literacy in the development of children.
- Parents must sign the ONLINE WAIVER prior to the first day.
- You must take your child’s temperature prior to arriving and let us know the temperature. It cannot be: A Fever Temperature of 38 degrees Celsius or higher
- If a child becomes sick while in care, the child must be isolated and parents called to pick up the child immediately
MONDAYS: April 4 - June 13, 2022, 8:45am - 11:45am
Each week we will introduce a new craft which incorporates fine motor skills. The craft will also work on numbers, colors, shapes along with using a variety of different mediums. After crafting the children will end their morning in the teach pool. Swimming is an introduction to the pool, where children learn to be comfortable either in or out of lifejacket.
Run, Jump & Play
TUESDAYS: April 5 - June 14, 2022, 8:45am-11:45am
Children will enjoy playing games focusing on gross motor skills, while learning how to safely move through different types of equipment, utilizing both the Ninja Chamber and Railyard System. The morning will end with relaxing movement to music and yoga.
Games N’ Swim
WEDNESDAYS: April 6 - June 15, 2022, 8:45am-11:45am
Utilizing the space and the equipment in our gym, children will be introduced to a number of sport activities. This includes racquet sports, ball sports and more. We will then go to the teach pool to experience water activities.
THURSDAYS: April 7 - June 16, 2022, 8:45am-11:45am
Children will learn movement fundamentals which includes running, hopping, and jumping along with some balance. These skills will be taught through games and individual skill building activities.
FRIDAYS: April 8 - June 24, 2022, 8:45am-11:45am
This will be a combo of all sports, possibly a craft and children’s choice. We will ask the children what they like and try to incorporate each child’s idea throughout the program. The focus again will be on the LTAD model as well as fun games to encourage sport growth.